Environmental and Sustainability Policy
We are committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle within our work. Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations
We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, printing, delivery and procurement. Our Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
During 2018 and 2019 we will:
- Promote responsibility for the environment within Tricord and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulations
- Not prioritise funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements
- Identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for all staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives
- Provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy
- Promote and encourage involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- inform all customers and suppliers about our environmental policy
- define good housekeeping for solvent and ink use, ensure all employees receive training in good housekeeping and incorporate this training into the induction programme for new starters
Monitoring and Auditing